You can claim your foreign VAT and have it refunded with Acubiz
Is your company VAT-registered? Then we can handle your foreign VAT refund so that you don’t have to deal with the lengthy application process.
Application for VAT refund to EU countries is done through the local tax authorities in each country. In Denmark, it is done through the Tax Administration’s TastSelv Erhverv, which forwards the application to the country in question.
Example of expenses for VAT refund
You can get a VAT refund for most expenses related to business trips and visits abroad.
Here is a list of examples of expenses:
- Hotel stays and accommodation
- Domestic transport by plane, taxi, train, and fuel
- Trade fair participation
Conditions for foreign VAT refund
To get a VAT refund, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must not be VAT-registered in the EU country where you purchased the item or service.
- Your purchases must relate to your company’s VAT-taxable activities.
- It is only possible to get refunded for VAT amounts that exceed the minimum threshold in each EU country. You can find the threshold here.
- Your application must cover at least three months – and at most one calendar year.
- The deadline for applying for a refund is September 30, the year after you purchased the item or service.
You can read more on the Skattestyrelsen (Tax Authorities) website.
A collaboration that simplifies the process
Want to know more?
If your company has a lot of travel activity can the foreign VAT refund have a direct and often significant impact on the bottom line. However, foreign VAT is complex, and it is recommended to seek advice and guidance before applying. If you want to know more about VAT refund, read more about our collaboration with Cash Back or download our free ebook: The ultimative guide to: Foreign VAT recovery.